Introduction to Sangfor Security Assessment & Consultation Services
ObjectivesUnderstanding Current Security Posture
• Further understand the security situation of the organizational information system, by means of this information security risk evaluation.
• Determine the objects that require security protection in the organization and the priority sequence of protected objects, by the identification of information assets.
• Determine the information security threats faced by the organizational information system, by means of threat views, based on threat identification.
• Get to know the statistics and distribution of vulnerabilities in the current information system, by means of vulnerability identification.
• Clearly describe the current security system and missing security control measures, by means of the identification and confirmation of the existing security control measures.
Assisting in Making Management Decisions
After risk evaluation and identification is complete, the major risk components will have been identified. Based on the description, quantification and presentation of information security risks, relevant managers of the organizational information system have been educated to enhance awareness of information security, improve the level of information security protection, develop a risk control program and eliminate potential security hazards, from the organization strategy and services perspective.
Meeting Compliance Requirements
We shall provide professional and efficient security evaluation services for all important service applications, identify potential loopholes in advance, handle security problems in a timely manner, prevent security notices from regulatory authorities, and meet the compliance inspection requirements set by regulatory authorities.
The security vulnerability assessment service provides automatic detection of vulnerabilities in systems, devices and applications. It detects, scans and mitigates potential information systems security risks found in enterprises or organizations. This service also probes into the system configuration, system structure and attributes of a specific device, and performs security evaluation and loophole detection.
A penetration test fully simulates attack techniques and vulnerability detection techniques that hackers may use, thereby deeply probing into the security status of the target system to discover the most vulnerable parts of the system. In this way, system administrators will be aware of the problems in their services and networks.
Wireless Network Security Assessment
Assess organization’s wireless network in order to identify any possible attack surfaces that could allow an attacker to gain access into organization’s network. The configuration and security strengthening policy will be reviewed to ensure configuration is secure throughout different access points.
Baseline Configuration Review
The baseline configuration review service is an effective evaluation approach, serving as security evaluation assistance. It focuses on aspects that can’t be effectively identified by the vulnerability scanning tool, such as network device security policy weaknesses and any inappropriate security configurations of some hosts.
Risk management is the process of identifying, controlling, reducing, or eliminating security risks that may affect an information system. Based on the classification of risk significance through risk evaluation, we can work out an appropriate information security policy and adopt proper risk control objectives and control approaches, thereby avoiding risks, transferring risks or reducing risks to an acceptable level.
Network Monitoring, Threat Analysis and Detection Service
By combining the external threat intelligence and internal real-time traffic information, together with the use of algorithms such as behavior analysis and machine learning to detect all kinds of advanced threats that are lurking inside the network. Automated asset tracking and automated vulnerability assessment will help in identifying the hidden threats, such as insecure or rogue application and communication.
Sangfor Mission, Vision & Concepts
Sangfor Security Service adheres to the "Full Service, Continuous Innovation and Professional Competence" philosophy. It shall ensure the secure operation of customers with premium services, and fully assist customers in all walks of life, to demonstrate our value in the service.
Sangfor Security Service Teams
In the field of R&D, Sangfor security service BG has a dedicated R&D team, invests in a large number of R&D resources to develop service tools and platforms, and constantly develops new ideas and technologies, making us a leader in the field of security service technologies.
In service delivery, we are committed to building a first-class team of security services experts. We have formulated a standardized service delivery process at a leading worldwide level, to ensure that our security service delivery is always excellent and first-class globally.
Financial Institute ABC (for confidential reason, we cannot share the info)Overview of Requirements
A customer requires professional penetration testing services to verify the effectiveness of their business system security protection measures.Challenges
1. Verify the effectiveness of security measures
2. Defining the normative of development
3. Verify the rationality of key business managementKey Activities
1. Pre-engagement interaction
2. Intelligence Gathering
3. Threat Modeling
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Simulation Attack
6. Horizontal & Vertical Escalation
7. Summary ReportResults
1. Exploit target vulnerabilities via pivoting
2. Provided overall security strengthening recommendations and strengthen overall security protection capabilities
Heavy Construction Group ABCOverview of Requirements
Several security incidents exposed a large number of security issues which existed within the customers’internal information system. The customer did not know where to start, as difficulties increased in a number of business systems and in various equipment. The customer requested a security construction plan able to balance both business and security status.Challenges
1. Existing security measures did not seem effective
2. Unaware of existing security loopholes and implanted malware
3. No overall planning designed to balance business and security needsKey Activities
1. Investigated and audited current management system
2. Reviewed and tested existing equipment strategy
3. Discovered and identified hidden dangers via penetration testing and network architecture analysisResults
1. Provided various reports including risk assessment and vulnerability assessment
2. Delivered a post-security construction plan that balanced business needs and security needs